View My Stats

Monday 28 October 2013

Recipe: grilled salmon with piquillo tapenade

When did it become cool to not know how to cook?  I increasingly meet people who claim they don't have time/energy/money to cook.  Increasingly people have the notion that cooking is only for housewives, whereas I think that everyone should know how to cook some basic recipes.  There's plenty of things that take 20 minutes at the very most (quicker than organising take away) and you know exactly what you're eating.  You can have leftovers for lunch, you can freeze cooked meals for next week or next month.  And if you meal plan and buy exactly what you need you can save a fortune on the already expensive grocery costs.   I'm by no means an amazing cook and I'm as time poor as anyone else, so quick and simple and my mantra.


This tapenade would be delicious with any fish.  The recipe is enough for 4 generous portions.  We usually eat half and freeze the other half for next time.

  • 250g grilled peppers/piquillo
  • one tomato
  • one cucumber
  • half a red onion
  • one glove garlic
  • half a capsicum 
  • small chilli
  • juice of one lime
  • salt and pepper to taste
Whizz with the food processor and voila!  Amazing with a simple green salad as a side.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, I'll have to put this on the list of easy things to make when the newborn is here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so delicious. I'll try if I can make this recipe on my hubby's birthday. :)

    Irene Gold Beach Oregon Rogue River Fishing Guide

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.