View My Stats

Tuesday 30 October 2012

Vogue Australia - December 2012

A few years ago, I believe I read somewhere that Australia is the only market where Bazaar is read more widely than Vogue. In a way I could relate as many months I found Bazaar a better read than Vogue.  While both were luxury magazines, I could understand how Vogue felt perhaps a little bit more out of touch.  As a subscriber of international editions of Vogue, I found that Australian Vogue reprinted far too many features and covers (Bazaar may have been just as big a culprit but I did not read international editions of same).

Like most women, I was angered at the way that Kirstie Clements was treated but ultimately the end result has been good for Vogue.  The recent issues have been wonderful and the covers original.  And the online presence has grown immensely.  Bravo to the Vogue team for a wonderful December cover, featuring two lovely Australian ladies - Julia Nobis and Black Caviar, leading ladies in their field.

As we head into racing season and balmy summer nights and parties I can't wait to see what Vogue has to suggest.  My partying and shopping maybe scaled back this year, but I won't let that stop me from enjoying my summer.  What are your plans?

Picture: Benny Horne for Vogue Australia




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.