View My Stats

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Where to begin!

I'm back in Melbourne (I still for the life of me cannot call it home and it'll be 4 years next month) for a few days.  Just enough time to wash a mountain of laundry and repack before I go away again on Friday afternoon.  Today was spent cleaning the flat top to bottom and doing mountains of laundry (it's 9.54pm and the washing machine is still going!).  Hoping to squeeze in a few hours at the beach tomorrow and pick up some seafood from Richmond Oyster for Christmas Eve dinner before church tomorrow night.

iphoto is causing me headaches and not letting me upload my photos from the trip!  And I have so much to show you all and tell you about.

On the 8 hour flight home, I had plenty of time to reflect on 2010.  A year that was possibly even more challenging for me than 2009.  It was a long, hard and cold year.  In many ways.  Very confusing and confronting with way too many cross roads.   The trip to New Zealand in February was a huge spiritual highlight for me and one that I really needed at that point in my life.  The two year hunt for a home ended last month, suddenly and unexpectedly.  Dream home in a dream suburb.  It's true.  Good things come to those who wait (or those who spend every weekend inspecting houses like lunatics).  I'm already eyeballing a couch even though I wanted to live in the house for a while before I decide what work I want to do on it and which furniture I want to update.

Think a trip to Camera House is in order for a card reader.  I want my photos!


Singapore Botanic Gardens - with frizzy humidity savaged hair, unintentionally decked out in shoulder to knee J.Crew.

5 comments:

  1. Wow...you are one gorgeous girl:)

    I love your laidback style :)

    Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!!

    I love today's photo. You're looking very summery indeed.

    Best of luck for your adventures in 2011. Very excited re dream home.

    Have a lovely trip.

    SSG xxx

    Sydney Shop Girl blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT outfit!

    /Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lookin' pretty stylish there, M! :)

    Congrats on finally finding your dream home! :) Hopefully you'll be featuring photos of that too, eventually. Moving houses, organizing, shopping, planning and decorating sure takes a lot of time. I know, since I'm in the middle of rebuiling and refurbishing my flat right now - and I haven't even moved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. M!! Loved the recap (and that wide leopard belt in the pic-you look fantastic!!)

    Congrats on the house...can't wait til you move in. deeeeetails
    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.