View My Stats

Saturday 2 October 2010

Stella McCartney for Target - part deux

We've had 3 years to recover from the pandemonium that was the launch of the first Stella McCartney for Target collaboration.  I think that launch will go down in folklore.  Hoards of women wrestled one another for a silk top and maybe a dress.  The media made fun of it for months.  I distinctly that Saturday morning.  Doors opened at 8am but I decided to check out my local store at around 11am.  I was greeted by a pile of jersey t shirts sprawled through the store and empty racks upon empty racks and bewildered women fighting in the change rooms for any left over items.  A tiny little lady gave me a dress that she was clutching which was much too big for her.  It was silk, navy with long sleeves.  I still wear it on a regular basis.  It's held up pretty well.

A rather secretive launch was held in a sprawling mansion in Sydney last night, but Grazia magazine broke the news of the designer even before the guests had arrived.  One item I really love/want, but not sure I can face the crazy women again!























Need/want/love





via designersfortarget.com.au

8 comments:

  1. Much nicer collection then the previous one, in my opinion.
    Do you think the jeans in one of the last pics are part of the collection?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dee, all the items are part of the collection! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are so pretty :) good thing it's christmas party season :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. must.get.lace.top and trench-like stone colored dress and i don't know what else i'm looking up tickets and signing up for boxing lessons.

    this is a red alert.

    ReplyDelete
  5. carrie let me know what you want, i'll get it for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are amazing!! I love all the lace!


    If that model's not careful, her face will stick that way... :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:29 pm

    I so getting the trench coat and the lace top and skirt are high on my list of things to get from this collection. I missed out on the last collection Stella did with Target, this time I will be prepared for it!

    Love Ms Stef...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love Stella ...
    SP

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.