View My Stats

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Spring cleaning my life!

Thank you for all your lovely words and well wishes.  You're all way too sweet :)

I was born an autumn baby and while living in Europe my birthday usually marked the first day/week back at school.  Shopping for new books and stationery and clothes (no school uniforms!).  In Australia, my birthday marks spring and the onset of some sunny days (although Melbourne isn't following the rules at the moment).  I am well and truly sick of all my winter clothes and sick of the weather requiring them to be worn, more than anything else!

At the moment, my apartment is resembling a war zone.  B and I have been looking for a home for the past year and nothing has caught our eye or ticked the boxes.  And believe me, not much is required to tick the boxes either!  We just want a nice, light and bright place with lots of sunlight.  It's amazing how poorly so many homes are designed.  Why have a tiny window facing the court yard?  Why not maximise the sunlight and let some warm rays in?

To be honest, at this stage of the game, we'd be happy with even some POTENTIAL for sunlight to be allowed in, but nope, it's not to be just yet.


via tumblr

I guess an upside of all this is that we will most likely spend the summer where we are, a stone throw from the beach (a location we haven't really utilised the past few summers we've been in our place) and walking distance from our favourite cafe! 

So back to the flat we currently call home and my urge to begin to declutter at 9pm on a Monday night.  The sheer lack of storage space is driving me mad! And when you have nowhere to store things, you need to get rid of them.  By the end of the weekend, I plan to have decluttered every draw, every shelf and every cupboard.  I will dust every corner, clean every nook and clean the tiny bit of carpet that magically becomes filthy far too quickly... all ready for summer.

I've found a new throw for the bed and will finally frame the paintings from New York, just to freshen things up a little bit. 

Birthday and the onset of spring is like the new year - a chance to start fresh and be organised!  And some cute new stuff from Kikki K always comes in handy to help plan out my day.  There's just something really rewarding in ticking things off a to do list. 


via kikki-k.com

5 comments:

  1. it's almost like you took the thoughts out of my head with this post.
    I am feeling so sick of winter clothes, and at the moment where I am it's a beautiful day and I'm looking out the window thinking it should be warm but I'm inside with pants and a jumper on! Cannot wait for the gorgeous warm weather.

    I've been looking for a new house for over a year now too, thankfully I found one. My only requirements were sunlight(like you), and a seperate bathroom & laundry.
    The never ending battle with having no storage space drives me crazy, I hate living in clutter.

    You have totally inspired me to spring clean now! :D

    Good luck with your search for a new place and good luck with your spring cleaning!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell you how happy a clean and organized home makes me. I let it get out of hand, then roll up my sleeves and tackle it in a weekend. Best of luck. The results are well worth it!

    xo M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with the new house search.

    Thanks also for you OPI rec.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo my dear,
    I spent the last minute of my summer to renovate my house and give away a big part of my closet. After I felt much better, but after not much free space became.:)))

    My warm hug to you, I came back. Thanks for inspiring me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lists...
    Do the very same thing...

    Have a great day - SP

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment.